Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Grill: 35 min.
- 24 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cut in half
- Make a lengthwise cut in each jalapeno, about 1/8 in. deep; remove seeds. Combine the sausage and cheese; stuff into jalapenos. Wrap each with a piece of bacon; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 36-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Grill, covered, over direct heat for 1-2 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed jalapeno: 132 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 19, 2018
Made with chorizo, which really set this recipe apart from other stuffed jalapeno recipes.
Sep 3, 2013
We love stuffed jalapeno peppers and these are the best so far. They are even good cold out of the fridge. Peppers are large and plentiful in the garden this year and I made two batches this week-end and had no leftovers. Absolutely YUMMY !!
Jul 6, 2013
I add diced onions and some garlic powder.awesome
Dec 3, 2012
OMG!!! I freakin swear this is THE BEST thing i have EVER put in my mouth!!! Whoever made this up is a cooking genius that i will forever immortalize!!! Lol, but for real... ;)
Apr 24, 2012
Another easy and delicious recipe. They will be a great addition to football season!
Jun 19, 2011
I made this once with just a few Jalapenos just to give it a try. I just made it again with 5 lbs of them because I can't seem to make enough!! Everyone in my house and my neighbors LOVE THEM !!!
Aug 31, 2010
Easy and tasty. Everyone loved them.
Jul 5, 2010
These are so yummy!!
Jun 13, 2010
I didn't like these as much as I thought I would. The cheese just kinda disenegrated. :/
Jan 20, 2010
I have made these a few times up at our campground. They dissapper...I made them to bring to a "Mexican themed night" and everyone was asking for the recipe. I myself have never tried them, I do not like hot food. Remember to wear disposable gloves when handleing to peppers & removing the seeds. I will be making them for superbowl.