Jalapeno Quail Appetizers
"My husband quail-hunts every season, and this recipe has become our favorite way to serve the birds. The bacon keeps the meat from drying out, and the jalapeno lends a little zip," shares Diana Johnston of Kingston, Oklahoma, "I sometimes serve these cute bundles as a main dish."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 12 boneless quail breasts (about 1 pound)
- 12 bacon strips
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- Cut each jalapeno half into three long strips. Place a strip widthwise in the center of each quail breast; roll up from a short side. Wrap each with a bacon strip and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add salad dressing; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill appetizers, covered, over indirect medium heat for 16-20 minutes or until quail juices run clear and bacon is crisp, turning occasionally.