Jalapeno-Swiss Turkey Burgers
These easy turkey burgers are extra juicy and loaded with flavor. I think the spicy jalapenos give it just the right level of heat, but feel free to adjust the amount to amp it up or tone it down. —Wanda Allende, Orlando, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 4 pretzel hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Optional toppings: sliced jalapeno, salsa and sour cream
- Combine turkey, onion, salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place burgers on an oiled grill rack or in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Top each burger with one slice cheese, jalapeno slices and a second slice of cheese. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes to melt cheese. Serve on buns; top as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 375 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as jalapeno swiss turkey burger in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.