Lemon Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole wheat sandwich rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 thin tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in two batches over medium heat until a thermometer reaches 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 21, 2016
What a light refreshing burger. I agree to fry in butter. SO good!
Aug 19, 2013
These are packed with flavor! I don't know how you can get 6 servings out of this recipe, though! 4 maybe!~ Theresa
Mar 4, 2010
I've made these burgers several times. I omit the egg; they stick together just fine without it. I make just 4 burgers from a pound of ground turkey.