Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion in half. Finely chop one half and thinly slice the remaining half. Combine 1/2 cup feta, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute sliced onion until tender. Serve burgers on buns with onion and remaining feta.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 1073 calories, 46g fat (14g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 1518mg sodium, 116g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 57g protein.
Jan 28, 2016
These burgers were so simple, yet so flavorful! We omitted the feta cheese and added provolone but the sun-dried tomatoes really made the dish. It was different and really 'classed' up a traditional burger!
May 23, 2015
Super easy to make and my family loved them! Will make it again and have added it to my 2 week menu rotation.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.