Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion in half. Finely chop one half and thinly slice the remaining half. Combine 1/2 cup feta, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute sliced onion until tender. Serve burgers on buns with onion and remaining feta.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 1073 calories, 46g fat (14g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 1518mg sodium, 116g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 57g protein.
Sep 12, 2019
I thought these would be over-the-top delicious. Sadly, I was mistaken. They were okay, but not as good as I thought they would be. I used top grade ground turkey and fresh feta cheese, but was not impressed. I probably will not make them again.
Jan 28, 2016
These burgers were so simple, yet so flavorful! We omitted the feta cheese and added provolone but the sun-dried tomatoes really made the dish. It was different and really 'classed' up a traditional burger!
May 23, 2015
Super easy to make and my family loved them! Will make it again and have added it to my 2 week menu rotation.