Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- Brush jalapenos with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, finely chop. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon pepper, pepper and paprika. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon bacon mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with pepper jack cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and guacamole.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 879 calories, 58g fat (23g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 1715mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 59g protein.
Nov 12, 2016
Sooo good! Country bar and grill worthy! Next time I will use less salt there was enough with the bacon.
Aug 6, 2016
Fantastic burger!! With 2 lbs of hamburger and 4 servings, they are massive!
Jul 2, 2016
These were excellent! Takes a little time to make, however, my guests raved about these burgers!
Jun 15, 2016
This had great taste and I enjoyed every ingredient that went into it. Next time I will use a more sturdy bun. The bottom of the bun I used was very thin and did not hold up the ingredients.Ended up eating the burger with a fork.
Jun 30, 2015
This sounds great! Since we have poppers quite often, I'm just going to top our burgers with the poppers after they're made, and add guacamole.
Oct 20, 2014
I liked the combination of all the ingredients. Just be mindful when making the beef patties or they can become too big of a burger!
Jun 28, 2014
Made with ground turkey and homemade guacamole. Hands down best burger we've ever had.
Jun 24, 2014
Awesome burger, even my hubby who doesn't like avocados thought it was a keeper. It was a little putzy but well worth the time! Like other review comments, don't skip the guacamole!
Jun 2, 2014
These were a big hit for my barbeque party !!!!!! Delicious !!!!!
May 30, 2014
Our all time favorite burger...have made this many times and it is just amazing. Since it is just 2 of us, I don't make 2 pounds of meat, but I do make a good amount of filling as once you get the hang of filling them, you can fit more than you think...and this is where the flavor is...do not skip the avocado; this really compliments the filling...can't say enough about this burger!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.