Jalapeno Popper Corn Salad
Total TimePrep Time: 25 min. Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 8 ears), cooked and cooled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- Grill onion and jalapenos, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred. Cool completely; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine the next nine ingredients. Stir in corn, cheeses, half the bacon and grilled vegetables. Top with remaining bacon to serve.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 476 calories, 40g fat (14g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 5, 2018
While the recipe has a lot of different components that need to be cooked separately, when they are all put together it is a delicious summer salad to go along with something grilled.
Jun 27, 2018
I broiled the onion and pepper because I didn't want to be outside grilling in 103 degree heat. haha I enjoyed it because it was something different for a side. While everyone ate it and some even had seconds, I'm not sure they will say, "Hey, Mom! Can you make more of that corn salad we had?" I know they won't complain if they find it on the table though. Super easy to whip together. I did heed someone's advice to let it chill a few hours before serving.
Jun 12, 2018
Very good salad!! Will definitely makes this again. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor, TOH
Jun 12, 2018
This is AWESOME. I didn't grill the corn, but I did throw it under the broiler just to brown it up a little.
May 21, 2018
Very delicious. The flavors meld very nicely. I'd recommend letting it refrigerate at least a few hours before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.