Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Shape into six patties, 3/4 in. thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayonnaise; chill.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 480 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
Great straight off the grill! Definitely a keeper!!
Jun 27, 2017
Delicious! I made these for supper tonight, and my husband said that they're the best homemade burgers I've ever made. We'll be having these again!
Jun 24, 2016
Sep 16, 2015
Jul 22, 2015
No canned mushrooms! Use fresh, chopped baby bellas. Also, add a tablespoon or two of steak sauce to the beef mixture for more flavor.
Nov 21, 2013
These were so flavorful! I browned the onion before adding it to the hamburger otherwise, followed the recipe. Will definitely make these again.
Jul 30, 2013
The topping was good, but the amount it made only allowed a small amount for each burger. Therefore, the flavors really didn't come through. I omitted the mushrooms. I would recommend increasing the mayonnaise. Overall, the burgers were really plain-tasting compared to some of the other recipes I use.
Jul 21, 2013
Lucious Burger.Only one substitution. Try browning fresh little cremeni mushrooms in butter until crisp. Don't add to cheese mixture. Add to burger when you are ready to serve. Nice deep flavor !!!!
Jul 17, 2013
This was great!!! I even made it with Swiss Cheese and it was great also.
Jun 10, 2013
We had some topping left over and tried it on some boneless pork chops on the grill. WOW!