Quail with Mushroom Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless quail breasts or boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; saute quail over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat and stir cream cheese and milk over low heat until smooth. Stir in sauteed mushrooms and onion. Sprinkle bread crumbs over both sides of quail; serve with mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 392 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 25, 2018
this is delicious my son went quail hunting a wanted to find a really good recipe for them! well! this was it!! served with mashed potatoes and green beans it was a hit!!!