Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- Wash peppers. Cut a slit along one side of each pepper. Remove seeds; rinse and dry peppers.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stuff peppers with sausage and wrap with bacon; secure with soaked toothpicks.
- Grill peppers, uncovered, turning frequently, over medium heat until tender and bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 97 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2016
why does the recipe pic show stemmed peppers, but the recipe itself says" remove the stems"? Get it together, people.
Apr 8, 2015
Great to prepare for guests who are on a carb-free or dairy free diet. Easy to assemble early in the day and place on grill when guests arrive. Try maple bacon!
Jan 24, 2013
I mixed cheese with the sausage. I can't go to a party without bringing these. I had disappointed guests at my xmas party because I made something different. tasty and easy. wear gloves for a pain free experience
Apr 27, 2011
add shredded chedder cheese...
Jul 16, 2009
My husband has been making them for years. He uses the meat from Johnsonville brats. Remove the meat from the casings. No need to cook first. Just stuff inside the peppers, wrap with bacon and grill. Awesome!!!