Grilled Chiles Rellenos
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice and 1/4 cup cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the mushroom, yellow squash, zucchini, jalapeno and garlic; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the beans, 1-1/2 cups cheese, corn, cumin, salt, pepper and remaining cilantro. Remove from the heat. Spoon into poblano halves; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Grill peppers, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until tender. Serve with sour cream sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 552 calories, 32g fat (21g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 10g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 11, 2010
The best vegetarian meal I've had!
Feb 19, 2010
Fantastic! Everyone loved this dish and agreed that there are so many variations that would be excellent!
Mar 22, 2009
This recipe does take some time to prep but it is worth it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.