Chiles Rellenos Souffle
After we spent the night at our friends’ house in Arizona, we awoke to the tantalizing aroma of an egg souffle. It brings back wonderful memories. —Pat Coyne, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- Optional: Salsa and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread green chiles in a greased 11x7-in baking dish; sprinkle with olives, onion and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, biscuit mix, milk and pepper until blended. Stir in cottage cheese; pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 45-50 minutes, puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked souffle, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove souffle from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed, increasing time as necessary until golden, puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.