Chicken Chiles Rellenos Strata
This versatile dish can be made as a entree, brunch or potluck dish. It's also one of the easiest meals to assemble on a busy weeknight. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 6 cups cubed French bread (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 12 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: bread cubes, chiles, Monterey Jack cheese and chicken. Repeat layers.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking powder and garlic salt until blended. Pour over layers. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until puffed and golden at edges. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.