Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Split chiles; rinse and remove seeds. Dry on paper towels. Arrange chilies in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with cheeses.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk and biscuit mix. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° until golden brown, 50-55 minutes. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 352 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2012
I made it as directed the first time and wasn't very impressed with the flavor. The second time I roasted and peeled 3 pablano peppers in place of the canned green chilies. It was much tastier! I can't wait to try with chicken also.
Sep 6, 2009
Would love to have the nutrition number for this dish. JOB73