Chile Colorado Burritos
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, optional
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine beef, enchilada sauce and bouillon granules. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from sauce. Skim fat from sauce. If desired, spoon about 1/4 cup beans across center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup meat. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour 1 cup sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito (calculated without beans): 414 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Feb 8, 2017
LOVE this burrito recipe! I made the filling in my slow cooker on the weekend. Made the burritos during the week for a quick and tasty meal.
Aug 16, 2016
These burritos were very tasty and so easy to prepare.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.