Sweet Pepper Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warned
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add peppers; saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup of filling off center on each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 429 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 9g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Mar 1, 2014
Love!!!! Made with jalapeño tortillas....awesome, awesome!
Dec 18, 2009
What can I say? This recipe is awesome!!!!I have made this for my family numerous times and it is always a big hit. These burritos are full of fresh ingredients and lots of flavor. My family enjoys dipping them in ranch dressing or salsa.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.