Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small saucepan, cook refried beans over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans off-center on each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends of tortillas over filling and roll up.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown burritos in oil on all sides. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Freeze option: Individually wrap cooled burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Let stand 20 seconds.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 519 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1539mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 5, 2018
I too fix these babies and my family loves them. it’s the frying and being crispy that makes them taste so good with side condiments. Yummy!
Jan 12, 2018
Tasty easy to prepare and a timesaver
Jan 3, 2018
Easy and great recipe! I love recipes that I can follow exactly the first time I make it to give it a fair shot AND play with/add whatever pops in my head for follow-up cooking. If you do choose to add additional ingredients, be careful not to add to much or over stuff. I never thought I would live crunchy tortillas so much. Thanks for the recipe.
Nov 27, 2017
why the oil ? a Tortilla will brown great with out any added oil at all . when we make them at home we use our panini press works great.. i have also used a frying pan.. and NO oil of any kind
Nov 19, 2017
I make these, using salsa in the burritos, instead of taco seasoning mix. Plate them on a bed of shredded lettuce, for that authentic taqueria look!
Aug 10, 2017
Loved these. Did add small amount of Mexican rice. Easy. Made enough (just 2 of us) for 3 days of meals and seemed to better! thank you for sharing this recipe!
Jul 3, 2017
Very easy to make and tastes very good. Especially the second
Jun 27, 2017
I have made these burritos twice and they are easy to make and tasty
Feb 1, 2017
I made this recipe strait up. It was good enough, I guess, but we like more flavor. So if I were to make these again, definitely some garlic, onion powder, oregano, cumin and salt in the beans.
Jan 3, 2017
I made these vegetarian-style by using Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles instead of beef. They were very good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.