Burritos Made Easy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 8 slices process American cheese
- Taco sauce and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, salsa and green chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Top each with a slice of cheese; roll up. Serve with taco sauce and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Dec 21, 2010
We made this recipe in our 6th grade Home and Career Skills class and we found it enjoyable to eat as well as prepare (except for the onion chopping!) It didn't take much time either.
Sep 29, 2009
I am put off by American cheese and chili in a can BUT I replaced the cheese with cheddar and tried the chili in a can anyway and we really liked these. Not only were they super easy but they tasted good too. Very pleased with this recipe.
Aug 4, 2009
It's called burritos made easy NOT authentic. Give it a rest already!!
Aug 2, 2009
It's called burritos made easy not burritos authentic. Skn
Aug 1, 2009
For me, real Mexican or Tex-Mex food is made with shredded beef or pork. Ground beef in Mexican or Tex-Mex food is terrible. It is so easy to do the shredded meat, why bother to use ground beef! Shredded meat is so much better and more authentic!
Jul 31, 2009
yes always cheddar cheese if it says american cheese you can bet someone is not use to eating mexican food
Jul 31, 2009
This would also freeze! Wrap individual burritos in plastic wrap or snack size zip lock bags. Put each of these in a FREEZER zip lock bag. Pull one out or freezer bag, microwave and eat. I have packed these in my family lunches -- nice change from sandwiches, and a microwave is almost always available at worksite. WV Country Gal
Jul 30, 2009
American Cheese is never used in Mexican food. Change it to Cheddar Cheese
Mar 2, 2009
Very good and very simple. Even my snoopy husband enjoyed them.
Feb 4, 2009
very yummy and i love how simple it is!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.