Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, onion and taco seasoning.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread beef mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 509 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1403mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 9, 2019
Another recipe I grew up on. So quick and easy to put together. 1 cup of each cheese is plenty. We like topping with all of the suggested toppings.
Oct 24, 2018
My family loves this dish! Sometimes I add crushed Doritos after baking to give it an extra cheesy crunch.
Jun 23, 2018
Crescent rolls?? There is nothing burrito about crescent rolls. The rest sounds okay - go with tortillas as duckyD said and it might be good.
May 30, 2018
Good recipe. I didn't want a thick crust so, I used large tortillas.
May 13, 2018
I made this and followed the recipe using both cheeses. The recipe calls for one to two cups. I opted to use 2 cups of each. It was delicious. I will definitely make this recipe again but next time I plan to try it with one cup of each cheese. We did top with shedded lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and sour cream.
May 1, 2018
Didn't have mozzarella, used only cheddar and it was wonderful!
Apr 1, 2018
I used leftover sloppy joe and leftover spaghetti meat sauce and used mozzarella cheese. Still yummy!
Mar 21, 2018
Made per recipe but did not use mozz cheese only cheddar because most burritos don't have Italian cheese only Mexican cheese. When it was done we added Aldi sour cream... which by the way is the absolute bomb, little salad bar fresh salsa from Aldi, canned green chilies, and canned sliced black olives. You can actually make this slightly low fat by omitting the bread on the bottom. Excellent to make for game night or kids sleepover... neither of which apply to me since I'm single and hate Sports LOL.
Mar 3, 2018
Delicious and easy to make. I added salsa to the meat and beans because it looked dry. I used taco and cheddar cheese. I then topped it with sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato and black olives and cilantro. Will definately be saving this recipe!
Apr 10, 2017
Took about 25 minutes - smelled and tasted wonderful! I used a can of corn and beans instead of refried beans. Sour cream plus the other listed toppings are great on top. It is quite filling. I would like to make it again this way and maybe try to make it sometime with chicken.