Taco Crescent Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spoon over chips. Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Oct 4, 2015
This was good and easy to make. I made up the taco mixture last night so it was even quicker to put together today. I did use two packs of taco seasoning as one didn't give the meat enough flavor for us. I also cooked the dough 10 minutes before adding the taco meat. I added the meat and cooked the remaining 15 minutes. I then added the cheese and let it melt and then added the sour cream and lettuce but not putting it back in the oven. I let everyone put chips on their serving if they wanted too. Everyone liked this as it was something different. Will make again.
Apr 26, 2014
Baked the crust first...got approval from the whole family! Very tasty!
Feb 19, 2014
Made this tonight. Family enjoyed it thoroughly.
Jun 1, 2013
Great start. I bake the crust 10 minutes first. Then put a layer of refried beans before adding the chips. Then put the meat mixture. I added a layer of green chiles for a little heat. Then finished with the sour cream, cheese, and chips. Baked another 15 to 20 minutes. Was very good with the changes.
Feb 28, 2013
This is a family favorite recipe. I love to make it when company comes over. It receives rave reviews.
Feb 1, 2013
I made this recipe but the only thing I did differently was, after I put the chips on the crust I baked the crust for about 10 mins. Then after I added other ingredients I baked it until the cheese was melted and the crust edges are golden brown. /The other ingredients are already cooked. This helps the crust to get less soggy. This is absolutely a favorite of my family!
Dec 12, 2012
Been making this since the recipe first came out in the Quick Cooking magazine some years back. My family prefers the original recipe, but it's easy to add what you want such as beans, etc. I usually add more cheese and sometimes more sour cream.It's always a big hit at covered dish dinners. I get asked for the recipe wherever I take it. Especially popular with teenagers - often requested for school banquet covered dishes, which is nice because it's so easy to put together and my time and cost invested is minimal!
Oct 9, 2012
Made this last night for dinner and the family and I loved it. I used nacho cheese doritos instead of corn chips and I added black beans.
Mar 21, 2011
We made this tonight and thought it was great - definitely a dish I might make again. I'm thinking next time I'll add a layer of refried beans though!
Mar 10, 2011
Made last night for dinner,pic looks good, ingredients look good, but, my family decided it was edible but not worth making again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.