Turkey Taco Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Place corn chips in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place the refried beans in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup cheese and salsa. Spread over chips.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey and taco seasoning; sprinkle over bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 662 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1396mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 12g fiber), 44g protein.
May 6, 2016
Simply, easy, and flavorful! Those are my favorite kind of recipes! The only thing I did different was substituted ground turkey for the shredded and it turned out awesome! A definitely must have in your recipe box. (Do they still have those?!)
Jul 10, 2014
Tastes great and super easy. I just used 20 oz. ground turkey since I didn't have leftover turkey and it was good and the right amount. Also black refried beans are delicious and a bit healthier. I liked that it was a meal in one. I just used all the taco seasoning too! I added more toppings like others did of some olives and avocado with what the recipe calls for. With some tropical fresh fruit and wine, it's a great meal for any season. Have made several times lately and haven't gotten tired of it. The Fritos on the bottom also add some corn flavor.
Feb 6, 2011
like it!!!- Have made it a lot!
Nov 5, 2010
This was awsome and very easy to prepare. Also didn't use turkey, but chicken instead. Added black olives to the top in place of onions and tomatoes, as my kids are not big fans of those.
Aug 5, 2010
I used non fat refried beans, & non fat cheese to "lighten" it up. Needed to cook it longer to get it good and hot. It was delicious.
Jan 28, 2010
Didn't use the turkey
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.