Kidney Bean Taco Bake
Here's an easy casserole that is hearty and very economical. It's a family-pleaser and popular at potlucks.—Leanne Obine, Ontario, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Top with olives, tortilla chips and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 616 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 2046mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 12g fiber), 50g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Casserole in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.