Chicken Tortilla Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chiles, broth, soups and onion; set aside. Layer half of the tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, cutting to fit pan if desired. Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. If desired, serve with sour cream and green onions.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 359 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
May 21, 2020
I added a can of San Marcos peppers in brim, I had to diced them up because they are canned long ways. It gave this recipe a kick of flavor, and its an easy recipe. I loved it.
May 15, 2020
I agree could you please remove the review by Sarah on March 11th 2020. Language is offensive and totally unnecessary.
May 4, 2020
Please remove the review by Sarah on Mar. 11 2020.. There is no reason for that kind of language on this type of site..
Apr 29, 2020
Why does the picture of this dish show rolled, as in burrito style,
Apr 26, 2020
I add a little more salt
Apr 21, 2020
Please review the language on this site. Reviewers can surely find better vocabulary words to express their disagreement. I don't believe offensive language is necessary.
Mar 11, 2020
I grew up on this,we used floor tortillas. As for the chicken broth... it's too view Adam. If it's to soupy, cut back. As to the rest of you... grow the fuck up and get a life.
Mar 10, 2020
I would like Adam's review to be removed, I find it offensive and the language is certainly not necessary!
Mar 9, 2020
Adam, your lack of intelligence is out there for everyone to see, very sad! I reported this to the webmaster for Taste of Home and hopefully your vulgar language will be removed SOON!
Mar 7, 2020
Easy and everyone loved it. Crowd pleaser.