Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), halved
- 4 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the beans, taco sauce, tomatoes, chilies and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture in each of two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Layer with four tortilla halves, 1 cup meat mixture and 2/3 cup cheese. Repeat twice.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 525 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1253mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2013
My entire family loved it! I did add a 1/2 package of taco seasoning mix.
Oct 26, 2012
very good. I would suggest serving with chips, sour cream, and a side of lettuce
Oct 24, 2012
Easy and tastes great!!
Aug 4, 2011
I loved it and so did my family. The first time I made it I misread the directions and it still was good. Today I made it again and it was great and as a Pastor's wife I like to have something in the freezer to give away if someone is in need. This is a keeper!
Apr 11, 2011
Kids loved it & immediately asked for it to be made again. Even better I have one in the freezer for the next time!