This meat pie's filling almost tastes like sloppy joes, which pairs well with the golden biscuit crust. For extra bulk, add 1 cup cooked rice to the beef mixture.—Rosemarie Hauser, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well and set aside. In another bowl, toss baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Line ungreased pie plate with pastry. Fill with meat mixture; trim and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 268 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 915mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Hamburger Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.