Chicken Biscuit Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the chicken, broccoli and onion. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Separate biscuits; cut each in half. Arrange, cut side down, over hot chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over biscuits. Bake, uncovered, 28-32 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown and completely baked.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 527 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 1245mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Apr 27, 2018
This was really good, easy to make and kid friendly. Makes a great weeknight dinner.
Sep 24, 2014
Made this for dinner,with some changes. Left out the mayo completely, used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, used from scratch "cream of chicken soup",added a little garlic to the top of the biscuits &used 1/2 the called for cheese. Sharp cheddar has tons of flavor. It seems like a lot, but it cuts out more than half of the fat and eliminates msg & processed stuff. This worked great for my family & they loved it.
Apr 13, 2014
Really enjoyed this casserole. Easy to double for a larger crowd & prep the chicken, broccoli, & onions the night before. Lots of compliments. I substituted yogurt for the sour cream as I often do.
Aug 21, 2013
LOVE this casserole!! SO good ... always receive lots of compliments every time I make it ... Used 1 t. celery salt and 1 t. garlic salt in place of 2 t. celery salt ... also add extra cheese. Y-U-M-M-O!
Aug 7, 2013
I accidently opened a can of cream of mushroom soup so decided to use it anyway, not bad. Also, had very little sour cream so added a little fat-free half & half with the egg and substituted dried thyme leaves for celery seed. My boyfriend always hates when I make something with "yard bird", but he actually said it was pretty good. I'll be making this again.
Mar 25, 2013
Rmhdesigns.. you don't have to make the recipe if you don't like it. I want to know who appointed you recipe police?
Feb 24, 2013
First off, I admit I haven't made this recipe. That being said, the nutritional value for this is horrible! Why on earth would you add mayo? How about some more veggies? You pour sour cream on top of the biscuits too? This sounds as bad as drive through fast food with out the convenience. Make a casserole for your family that is actually good for them.
Nov 2, 2011
I will definately do this recipe again. My 15 and 12 year old liked it but my 5 year old wasn't too crazy about the green stuff.
Jan 10, 2011
This recipe was a hit at our church potluck. I added another can of soup to make it creamy and used italian seasoning instead of the celery seed. Great recipe!
Dec 28, 2010
I have made this several times, and this recipe will now be one of my recipe box favorites. The celery seed adds the distinctive taste. The editor's note in Quick Cooking points out the need to use regular mayo not a light or fat-free. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.