Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce and sliced avocado, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, water and olives. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle half of the corn chips into pastry shell. Top with meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Cover with remaining corn chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges. Top with lettuce and avocado if desired.
Mar 2, 2010
Loved it! Added bonus... it was quick and easy to make. I subbed low fat cheese, no fat sour cream and ground turkey the second time I made it. It was still good!
Mar 1, 2010
Very blah. We are not into real spicy, but this had hardly any flavor. I even put medium heat salsa on top. I wouldn't make again.
Nov 13, 2009
This recipe is great although the 2nd time around i added salsa sauce to the meat mixture..gave it a better taste.
Oct 19, 2009
This was an excellent dish. I deleted the olives because our family doesn't care for olives, but I added a 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles.
Oct 18, 2009
This was quick and easy- would probably add a bit more spice to it.