Venison Taco Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook venison over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; keep warm.
- For crust, press biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Spoon venison mixture into crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Oct 30, 2013
Loved this recipe. My husband got a deer this year and so I decided to try it. It was easy and quick. You could make it with either venison or ground beef,
Apr 21, 2011
awesome a keeper for sure!
Dec 14, 2010
This recipe is so easy and delicious!
Dec 19, 2008
This recipe is so good! I accidently bought crescent rolls instead of the buttermilk biscuits. It was still very good. The crescent rolls fit perfect in the pie pan when I lined it like each was a piece of pie. My kids loved it! I even served it once to a friend who thinks she hates venison and she loved it. We didn't let the secret out! (:
Dec 4, 2008
I tried this recipe; loved it and have made it several times. It's delicious!
Nov 22, 2008
Thanks for the recipe. I work in our community food pantry, which gets ground venison through the area HACAP Food Reservoir. I'm passing the recipe on to our Recipe Committee which makes recipes using pantry-provided-ingredients available to our consumers. Since we often have dry biscuit mix, but not refrigerated biscuits, I'm adding the former, "prepared according to package directions", as an alternative.lulan
Nov 15, 2008
I make this recipe often and we love it. It uses the wild game my husband and children shoot and it tastes great!
Nov 15, 2008
What a great recipe! One of my daughters gives us wild meat occasionaly & I use it as,I grew up on wild meat.In my younger days,I would exchange store bought meat for wild meat,from my brother.I love wild game! Give me a good old deer steak,pounded & put in milk & then flour. Fry just till golden brown,delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.