Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing Bake: 50 min.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 envelope burrito seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 5-inch x 1/2-in. strips
- In a large skillet, combine the meat, salsa, beans, chilies, seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla; top with a cheese strip. Fold edge of tortilla nearest filling over to cover. Fold ends of tortilla over filling and roll up. Wrap individually in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen burritos: Place foil packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until heated through. If thawed, bake for 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 345 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jan 9, 2015
Very appealing recipe. The burrito mix is delicious and makes enough to feed a family. It's got a kick, even with the mild salsa that I used!
Jul 3, 2013
I used ground beef and wrapped them in wax paper first to prevent the foil from sticking. Removed from both foil and wax paper wrapped in paper towel and microwaved for 2 minutes for a quick and easy meal.
May 30, 2012
This recipe is so easy & good. It's nice to be able to pull a quick lunch or dinner out of the freezer when I'm short on time.
Sep 26, 2011
So easy, makes a lot, and very yummy!
Mar 12, 2010
Simple, cheap, and good! I omitted the burrito seasoning and chilies, just using chicken, salsa, and beans.
Mar 2, 2009
these were great to be able to take out quickly when you need them!