Make-Ahead Sloppy Joes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 to 16 sandwich buns, split
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.Remove the centers from the tops and bottoms of each bun. Tear removed bread into small pieces; add to skillet. Set buns aside.
- Stir in remaining ingredients into sausage mixture. Spoon about 1/3 cupful onto the bottom of each bun; replace tops. Wrap individually in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sandwiches: Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 294 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Aug 8, 2011
My husband loved these, said they were one of best recipes I had made in a while. I personally didn't think they were that spectacular, but I will definitely keep a batch of them in the freezer
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.