Simple Sloppy Joes
My mom and I had fun creating this recipe together. My daughter Jennifer, could eat these sandwiches every day. It's a good thing the recipe makes a big batch! - Ona Allen, Huber Heights, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste, ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun.
Round out a hearty lunch featuring Simple Sloppy Joes with potato or corn chips and carrot slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Simple Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Jun 9, 2013
Our favorite sloppy joe recipe.
Jan 30, 2012
I've made this several times. It goes together quickly and always gets rave reviews from my family. I like it served over homemade corn bread.
Nov 29, 2011
Easy & yummy!~ Theresa