Simple Sloppy Joes
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste, ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Jun 9, 2013
Our favorite sloppy joe recipe.
Jan 30, 2012
I've made this several times. It goes together quickly and always gets rave reviews from my family. I like it served over homemade corn bread.
Nov 29, 2011
Easy & yummy!~ Theresa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.