- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Stir in bacon, tomatoes, ketchup, pickle and mustard; heat through.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops.
How can you make cheeseburger sloppy joes your own?
What can you serve with cheeseburger sloppy joes?
Can you make cheeseburger sloppy joes in the slow cooker?It's easy to make cheeseburger sloppy joes in the slow cooker as well! Simply follow step 1 of the recipe, stir in the cheese, then transfer the mixture to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or until the flavors are blended. Spoon onto buns and enjoy!
—Sammi DiVito, Taste of Home Assistant Editor
1 sandwich: 431 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1022mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.