Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Turkey and bacon give the classic sloppy joe a frightfully tasty new spin. Freddy Krueger may invite himself to dinner! —Janine Smith, Columbia, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Stir in bacon, tomatoes, ketchup, pickle and mustard; heat through.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops.
Originally published as Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.