Sloppy Joe Hash Browns
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Cook hash browns in batches according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the sloppy joe sauce, chili sauce and pepper; heat through.
- Place two hash brown patties on each plate; top with meat sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 532 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 10, 2011
my family loves this, very easy!!!
Dec 3, 2010
This is so delicious! My son & i loved it! Easy, comforting & tasty!
Aug 26, 2010
I am not a big health nut...but this looks like it could be changed to be a little more healthy. Maybe instead of frying the hash browns, you could bake them. You could even place them in a pan and put sloppy joe meat on top and bake. Being sure to use low-fat meat would be good too. Tasty, yet a little to unhealthy.
Mar 9, 2010
Great recipe for teens. My 15 year old son had his friends over and they asked for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.