Three-Pepper Beef Wraps
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place the kidney beans, salsa and remaining oil in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add to beef. Sprinkle with steak seasoning and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1/2 cup pepper mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 390 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Mar 30, 2016
Apr 22, 2012
They are pretty good but a bit bland.Next time I will add fresh garlic.I cut the calories in half by omitting oil,steaming veggies in microwave and reducing hamburger to one cup as well as dividing into 10 servings with one tablespoon of cheddar cheese instead.
Mar 8, 2011
I made these as described, but I added 2 chopped Serrano peppers (seeds removed) to the meat mixture. This made it a bit spicier without being overwhelming. Also, I used a tad more salsa for moisture (more like 1 cup compared to 3/4 cup)--and I used Medium salsa (any brand will do, but I looked for one with similar ingredients such as red and green peppers). Another hit: use the flavored "wrap-style" tortillas--they are huge, I know--but they are designed for this kind of recipe. I used the Jalapeno Cheese-flavored wraps by Mission Tortillas, and they were so good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.