Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 frozen prepared bean and cheese burritos
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Place frozen burritos in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until a smooth; gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomato sauce, chili powder, bouillon, cumin and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the burritos. Sprinkle with cheese, olives if desired and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 524 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1751mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 18, 2015
This was so easy and tastes great! Will keep this one!
Feb 23, 2012
This is favorite recipe. I'm often asked for the recipe. It can be made ahead of time which is wonderful for those busy days. Just take it out of the refrigerator and bake it as usual.
Oct 18, 2010
Very easy using any pre-made burritos;I also make this enchilada sauce when I make my own enchiladas. The sauce is excellent!
Nov 12, 2008
Sent this in to a potluck at husbands work. Everyone wanted the recipe. It's our personal favorite. We use any kind of burritos. I put dry ingredients together in a baggy and I have a quick motorhome recipe too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.