Simple Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat until blended, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, beans and chiles.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° until heated through, 25-30 minutes. If desired, serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 enchiladas: 468 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1394mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 34g protein.
Feb 22, 2020
I used warmed corn tortillas for improved flavor. Ended up using tomatillo salsa which was what I had on hand. This is a very easy and versatile recipe. Family loved it!
Feb 10, 2020
Second time i have made this. The first time i followed directions. This time i made a double batch. If you make a double batch watch out you are going to have a lot. So this time i followed directions but i also put a half of red onion small can of chopped olives. about a cup of Mexican cheese. About a half of cup of sour cream. And lastly about 5 oz of green enchilada sauce in the pot mixed it up and cooked it for about 15 minutes. Then followed directions for the rest of the recipe. Ended up with 3 16 by 9 and one 13 by 9. Great and simple recipe
Jan 23, 2020
This was really good but I made a few changes.... I bought a 19 ounce can of enchilada sauce instead of a 10 ounce can. I used about 16 ounces of it. I added a clove of minced garlic to the salsa
Jan 20, 2020
Delicious! I followed recipe except didnt add beans because I didnt have them. Used hot salsa and refried beans as the bottom layer. I made a bit of extra sauce. We always prefer flour tortillas for enchiladas. For us, its not an enchilada if it isnt a flour tortilla. So creamy and yummy!
Dec 18, 2019
Great recipe! The cream cheese is so different from any enchilada recipe I've made before but it was excellent in this dish!
Nov 17, 2019
I used refried beans on bottom of pan then added the enchiladas. This has o be the best recipe for enchiladas. YUMMY
Nov 16, 2019
Soo yummy. Made as directed with the exception of corn tortillas cause you know gluten. Totally a keeper
Oct 2, 2019
Made exactly as written. OMG! This was to die for! I'd give it more stars if I could. Everything was delicious, looked good and this was so easy to make. Makes a lot! Served with chopped lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes and jalapenos. Didn't really need the jalapenos because the salsa was a hot salsa. It's not often that I will find a recipe that is good for me to keep. This one is a keeper.
Aug 29, 2019
Made this last night and my family loved it! Fairly easy to make. I reserved the chicken broth and the remaining cooked chicken for another meal. This recipe is company worthy! Very good! Use the flour tortillas.
Aug 26, 2019
Enchiladas are made with corn tortillas...