Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix first four ingredients until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in chilies and flour mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted.
- In a bowl, mix chicken with 3/4 cup sauce. Place 1/2 cup mixture on each tortilla; roll up and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, seam side down. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes. If desired, serve with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 514 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 19, 2014
I thought this was just okay. The sauce tastes exactly like the sour cream sauce from On The Border. I know that most people love it, but I guess it's just not for me.
Jul 19, 2014
Very good...I doubled all the ingredients and substituted cumin for the coriander.
May 1, 2013
This was yummy!!! I even forgot to get coriander at the store and made it without it. Can't wait to see what kind of flavor it adds! Yummy! I got a roisterer chicken at the store for the chopped cooked chicken.
Feb 21, 2013
Delicious! I double the recipe for a 9X 13 pan.
Jan 18, 2013
I added some chopped jalapenos as we like dishes a bit spicy. I really thought it was easy though and will certainly make it again.
Feb 2, 2012
This recipe is easy, filling, delicious and one I'll always hang onto!
Oct 22, 2011
This is my absolute favorite Enchilada recipe!!! Love it!
Sep 29, 2011
Great enchiladas! Good for us, as they only make four which is plenty for just two of us. I boiled one large bone-in chicken breast half, and it yielded just enought meat for the recipe, so they're economical too. Easy to put together....delicious....love this recipe!
Jan 18, 2011
Delicious and easy to make. Prep time took a little longer than the stated 20 minutes, but definitely worth it.
Jun 7, 2010
I added a shake of red pepper. Used swiss cheese (that was all I had). Everyone loved this recipe. Will make more and put in the freezer for a busy day!