Enchilada Casserole with Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, green onions and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine soups, sour cream, green onions and green chilies in a bowl. Spray a 13x9-in. pan with cooking spray, then spread 1/4 of the soup mixture in the pan.
- Place 4 tortillas on top, tearing to overlap. Spread with half the chicken, half the remaining soup mixture, and 1/2 cup each of shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted. Add toppings if desired.
Jul 10, 2018
I thought this was really good and so did the whole family. I did only use a half can of the chili's only to use them as a topping. It wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. Mine did not come out soupy at all as with other reviews. I did bake it a little over 45 minutes so maybe that helped. I am definitely making this again. It's a great weeknight dinner and easy to put together! Thanks for sharing!
Jun 26, 2018
Made this for supper last night. I made a half recipe of this, using a can of cream of chicken mushroom soup instead of a can of each mushroom and chicken. I did use the whole can of chilies. If you make the half recipe you can use an 8" pan and the tortillas fit perfectly.I used two tortillas because I was afraid the four might have made it too dry but I think I should have used three because it was a little soupy. Future changes I would make would be to use a can of rotel instead of the chilies for more flavor and I think this would be good to leave out the tortillas and use as a dip with tortilla chips. Over all we liked this but did think it could be improved by adding a little more spice or flavor.
Jun 19, 2018
From the reviews, I didn’t expect to like this, but it was very tasty. I made a half recipe, but used the whole can of green chili’s, and all the pepper jack cheese. Everything else I reduced by half. We had 4 generous servings, enough for dinner for two, and my husband’s lunch. I will make this again, it was quite good
Jun 19, 2018
This recipe is a staple in our house, when we have extra chicken pieces i chop them up put them in the freezer and when there are enough this is what my family asks for. I also make the full recipe and freeze half for a later date. This is a favorite at our house. yummo
Aug 30, 2017
It's really not anything like enchiladas, there's no tomatoes or enchilada sauce, the only thing in it close to Mexican is the tortillas and green peppers! Not very good!!
May 1, 2015
I made the recipe according to the directions. We thought it was too wet and soggy with two cans of soup and the 16 oz. sour cream. It seemed too much wetness. The flavor was good but it didn't look like the picture, in how dry it looked. We saw this recipe at the Cooking School in The Dalles, OR in April 2015. It was featured as the cook's family recipe which looked really good. I would try to adjust it with corn tortillas and possibly less soup and sour cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.