White Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 12 white or yellow corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and red pepper until softened. Stir into chicken mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne and remaining milk. Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 405 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
May 4, 2017
We loved these! Like some of the other reviewers, I did not use reduced or fat-free ingredients. Instead, I used the regular full-fat versions. I used more chicken than the recipe called for, so increased filling ingredients to accommodate that. The only changes I made were to use a green instead of red pepper, served the jalapenos on the side, and added more cheese by sprinkling some on the filling in each tortilla before rolling up. I really loved the cream cheese in these enchiladas! Will make again!
Jun 8, 2016
Needs more seasoning. Would cut in 1/2 for smaller version. But very good!
Sep 9, 2013
Lacks flavor, but I think I can fix it by adding a few ingredients.
Apr 18, 2013
This is good if you don't use all that fat free/low fat phood! use real food that is not artificially sweetend or all that good fat taken out. if you are so worried about your fat intake then get off your butt and get some physical exercise.
Jan 10, 2013
Simple enough to do and was well worth it.
Oct 1, 2012
Recipe of Love! Everyone will enjoy.
Mar 31, 2012
This recipe is constantly requested at my house. I usually add more spice by adding green chili's, more jalapenos, chili/cayenne powder. It is ALWAYS a hit!
Jun 13, 2011
I omit the green onions and red peppers, and add an extra dash of cayenne, diced green chilis, and diced jalepenos. I also use whole wheat tortillas. They are great!
Jan 13, 2011
Excellent blend of flavors! I omitted the red pepper and added chopped green chilies. Husband says this recipe is a keeper!
Nov 29, 2010
Make this recipe often. It is requested often. Use regular not reduced fat anything and leave out the Jalopenos and top with my home made canned salsa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.