Seasoned Taco Meat
I got this recipe from the restaurant where I work. Everyone in town loves the blend of different seasonings and now the secret is out!—Denise Mumm, Dixon, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
You can serve Seasoned Taco Meat in a variety of ways. Use it as a filling for tacos or enchiladas, or as a topping for pizza or baked potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 99 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Seasoned Taco Meat in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.