Ground Beef Taco Salad
Everyone at our house loves this taco salad. In spring we look for something light and refreshing on the menu after the heavier comfort food of winter. —Muriel Bertrand, Shoreview, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup bean dip
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes plus 2 tablespoons liquid
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bean dip, chili powder, salt and tomato liquid. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and olives. Add beef mixture; toss to coat. Top with chips. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 469 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Taco Salad in Reminisce April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.