Ground Beef Dressing
As is true with most families, food is an important part of all our celebrations. That's why I know everyone at your table will savor this delicious dressing.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 cups bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Place in a large bowl; add remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until dressing is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 272 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Originally published as Ground Beef Dressing in Country Woman November/December 1994