Special Herb Dressing
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh celery leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 12 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, apples, onion, parsley and celery leaves; cook 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms and apples are tender. Add cranberries, garlic and seasonings; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl. Add meat mixture; stir in broth. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 35-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 28, 2011
Instead of bread I am going to use rice. Wish me luck!!
Nov 23, 2010
Haven't tried it yet but wondering if that should be 1 or 2 cups of bread crumbs - 12 cups seems a bit much...
Sep 13, 2010
How do you fit 12 cups bread cubes into this recipe?
Nov 24, 2009
Sounds tasty. If the author reads this, please advise what main dish or menu you serve with this special dish. Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.