Ground Beef Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and pepper until blended. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely cooked, remove from the skillet; cut into strips; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 13, 2018
This was a good base recipe, but made some changes that I though were improvements. First of all, I had 3 cups of leftover rice to use, so I increased the soy sauce to accommodate the extra rice, and used low sodium sauce, as we prefer that. I used a whole onion and added liberal garlic, doubled the amount of eggs and added 1-2 extra tablespoons of soy sauce, as I thought it lacked flavor as written. I will make it again using the changes I noted. It was delicious and went together quickly-- was ready to serve in under 30 minutes--perfect for a hearty, satisfying supper for weeknights.
Jan 5, 2016
I've been trying to find a recipe that would be comparable to the beef fried rice I've had at a local Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant that we frequent to no avail until I stumbled across this! I omitted the onion, as I didn't have any on hand, and I substituted the oil for 4 tbs sweet cream butter. It was perfect! It looks and tastes almost identical. I will be making this often.
Nov 17, 2014
I don't know why this is so good -- it's baffling. I was lazy and had no onions so I substituted onion powder (eyeball about 1 TBS), salt and garlic salt and somehow it turned out great. I did use a very good ground chuck so the fat from the chuck helped. Brilliant simple recipe (thank god for weeknights!) even without all the ingredients.
May 21, 2014
Good, but needs veggies. I added green onion, and peas and carrots from the freezer. Also garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Thanks for this idea for dinner!
Aug 17, 2011
I added a cup of thawed frozen mixed veggies at the end. Very easy and good.