Ground Beef Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and pepper until blended. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely cooked, remove from the skillet; cut into strips; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2018
This was a good base recipe, but made some changes that I though were improvements. First of all, I had 3 cups of leftover rice to use, so I increased the soy sauce to accommodate the extra rice, and used low sodium sauce, as we prefer that. I used a whole onion and added liberal garlic, doubled the amount of eggs and added 1-2 extra tablespoons of soy sauce, as I thought it lacked flavor as written. I will make it again using the changes I noted. It was delicious and went together quickly-- was ready to serve in under 30 minutes--perfect for a hearty, satisfying supper for weeknights.
Jan 5, 2016
I've been trying to find a recipe that would be comparable to the beef fried rice I've had at a local Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant that we frequent to no avail until I stumbled across this! I omitted the onion, as I didn't have any on hand, and I substituted the oil for 4 tbs sweet cream butter. It was perfect! It looks and tastes almost identical. I will be making this often.
Nov 17, 2014
I don't know why this is so good -- it's baffling. I was lazy and had no onions so I substituted onion powder (eyeball about 1 TBS), salt and garlic salt and somehow it turned out great. I did use a very good ground chuck so the fat from the chuck helped. Brilliant simple recipe (thank god for weeknights!) even without all the ingredients.
May 21, 2014
Good, but needs veggies. I added green onion, and peas and carrots from the freezer. Also garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Thanks for this idea for dinner!
Aug 17, 2011
I added a cup of thawed frozen mixed veggies at the end. Very easy and good.