Spicy Ground Beef Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Jalapeno pepper and lime slices, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, soy sauce, molasses, jalapeno, garlic and ginger; stir into beef. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- On a large platter, layer salad greens, tomato, beef mixture and onions. Garnish with jalapeno and lime slices if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 201 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 21, 2013
I tired this recipe and now I make it often. I add cukes and other veggies as well.
Sep 4, 2010
This tastes to me like the lettuce cup appetizers at PF Changs. Very good, I added about an extra Tbsp of lime juice and the zest of two limes. This was very unusual, but very good. I would make this again. I didn't top it with more jalapeno, but left it on the side for my husband. I prefer my jalapeno cooked.
Sep 5, 2008
ohh sometimes we add chicken instead of beef or combine both
Sep 5, 2008
this is wonderful... we omit the xtra oil added and lime juice
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.