Ground Beef Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, potato, cauliflower, tarragon, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir into soup; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 171 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 5, 2018
Very tasty, the cauliflower is a nice change from traditional vegetable soup!
Dec 5, 2013
Very good soup. I made this with the Casserole Oat Bread on the same page.
Sep 8, 2013
This is a recipe I throw all the leftovers into and my family eats it up every time.
Apr 20, 2013
Made a few changes but I do really like this recipe... Even impressed my Nana!
Mar 6, 2013
My husband is very finicky and liked this recipe a lot. He said he'd love to have this again. I, also, liked it a lot! I used broccoli, since I didn't have cauliflower, but will try cauliflower the next time. Great for a snowy day.
Feb 25, 2013
My cousin made something close to this and man was it really good
Feb 18, 2013
Delicious. Easy to make. I didn't have any tarragon. So I left it out. I used frozen hash browns in lieu of regular potato. You can use a variety of veggies you have on hand and it still tastes great. Very versatile and tasty recipe
Nov 26, 2012
Not fancy, ingredients are readily available, easy recipe and filling. What more could you possibly want? I serve it with a loaf of hot country bread and this is a perfect, cold weather, warm your insides kind of dinner. It's fantastic re-heated for a take-to-work lunch in a thermos. The aroma is killer! Thank you for sharing!!!
Dec 4, 2011
This recipe makes a great winter supper! My whole family loved it. The beef broth makes a welcoming change from other soups. I made a few alternations however. I used 1 pound of beef instead of 3/4 pound. I used 3 cups of beef broth and eliminated the water. I used 2 large potatoes instead of 1 medium, and I left out the cauliflower and noodles. You can also try adding some garlic salt and Italian seasoning. I also splashed in some Worcestershire sauce and used crushed tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes. It was so delicious- a real comfort food. I can't wait for the leftovers at breakfast tomorrow!
Oct 21, 2008
This is a really delicious, and if necessary, a fairly quick soup to make. Personally, I like to let it cook longer because I think it tastes better the longer it is simmered. It's so good on a cold day. I always serve it with homemade biscuits or cornbread. Just yummy!