Ground Beef Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 7 cups water
- 1 envelope au jus mix
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the water, au jus mix, bouillon, bay leaves and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 203 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Mar 9, 2019
Dec 16, 2012
Very good! Next time I might add peas and corn... I also used 6 bouillion cubes instead of Granules.. I also made it without celery and onion since I have picky eaters.. I added onion powder though.
Mar 29, 2012
PS..I only had beef bouillon cubes and not the stated granules. So I binged it at it said that 1 cube = 1 tsp. So I used 6 cubes for this particular recipe. Hope this helps.
Mar 29, 2012
Love love love this recipe. Can make in big bathes and stores well. This is def a recipe I plan on both keeping and handing down.
Jan 24, 2012
Very good, and very quick and easy. I put diced green peppers instead of carrots and celery and it was delicious.
Mar 12, 2011
Great soup! Made it once expecting it to not be very good, and was pleasantly surprised by a delicious, filling, QUICK soup!
Sep 26, 2010
Fabulous, will definetly make again!
Jan 16, 2009
I thought this was a great tasting soup, very good for these chilly nights and simple to make after a long day at work. A++++
Jan 15, 2008
I love this tasty, warming soup. It's almost as good as a similar recipe my grandmother made when I was a child, and that's saying a lot!