Soupy Chicken Noodle Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked stuffing, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in water, bouillon and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, soup and sour cream; heat through. If desired, serve with stuffing.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups (calculated without stuffing): 392 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1497mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Nov 2, 2017
Great! My whole family loved this recipe and it was super easy to make. Definitely a keeper!!!!
Apr 11, 2017
Wonderful flavor, so easy and delicious...
Jun 29, 2016
Mar 9, 2016
I did not have any rotisserie chicken so I boiled 2 chicken thighs which yielded the correct amount of meat & also gave me a nice broth. To add more flavor to the broth, I added 2 tsp of chicken stock. My uncle, who is a professional chef recommends use of meat stocks in place of boullion for richer flavor & a little less sodium. Other than these minor revisions I followed the recipe exactly & we found this to be a hearty & flavorful soup that was very easy to make.
Feb 29, 2016
This soupy soup is so quick and easy, especially when made with a rotisserie chicken. The flavor is chickeny yet creamy. This one will remain a staple soup at our house.
Feb 24, 2016
EXCELLENT & EASY!! Will make again and again. A quick heart soup to pair with a salad, along with a fresh loaf of bread.
Feb 22, 2016
Made the delicious soap. I did not have any celery seeds. It was so good this will be my go to soup when I make it the next time. Next time, I''ll put in celery seeds and see how it taste.
Feb 20, 2016
Absolutely delicious. Have made this several times and made it for our soup suppers at church and everyone wants the recipe. Best soup I ever made.
Feb 17, 2016
This looks delicious but is there any reason that organic chicken stock wouldn't work as well as the water and bouillon?
Aug 26, 2015
So awesome. I crave this chicken noodle soup. Usually make it with pasta noodles because it's a staple in the house.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.