Chicken Alphabet Soup
Total TimePrep/Total TIme: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked alphabet pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 163 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Oct 9, 2013
I made a half of batch, only had carrots on hand yet it was a hit with my family. I will definitely make it again!
Sep 6, 2013
Great recipe, thanks for sharing Sarah!
Aug 28, 2013
I used spiral pasta instead of alphabet pasta and it turned out really well. Super easy to make and the kids and husband enjoyed it.