Chicken Alphabet Soup
Total TimePrep/Total TIme: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked alphabet pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 163 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2013
I made a half of batch, only had carrots on hand yet it was a hit with my family. I will definitely make it again!
Sep 6, 2013
Great recipe, thanks for sharing Sarah!
Aug 28, 2013
I used spiral pasta instead of alphabet pasta and it turned out really well. Super easy to make and the kids and husband enjoyed it.