Chicken Bean Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained, or 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 159 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2010
I did cut out the lima beans and I also added garlic salt and this recipe was very good. I did not cube the chicken but instead shredded if after it had finished cooking. It was very quick and easy to make. My family kept going back for more.
Jan 6, 2010
Not much flavor and appearance is not appetizing.